Monday, June 15, 2015

June Creative Challenge--Go Overboard



The theme for this month's Creative Challenge is Go Overboard, create projects
with a nautical theme using MFT's stamps and dies. Here's my card.


I've had the MFT sailboat die for a while and thought it was a good time to use it.
I was inspired by the sunset and silhouette on this card by fellow teammate Jody.

After masking off a rectangle with Post It tape, I ink distressed with Persimmon,
Orange Zest, and Daffodil dye inks, and spattered some water over it. The sailboat
was diecut from black cardstock, and I used only one sail to construct the boat.

I added the little flag and stars, and highlighted parts of the boat with white ink
to give it some dimension and finished off the card with the sentiment.

Stop by the MFT blog for links to other designers who took on the challenge.
Thanks for stopping by!





10 comments:

  1. Donna this sunset is what I imagine them to look like in your 'neck of the woods!' What gorgeous blending ... sigh. Do you splatter before the ink has dried? Yours always look great!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous blended background Donna, I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH that's beautiful Donna! Always love your fabulous blending and the silhouetted sailboat is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing background! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally beautiful! Love the sunset with the sail boat! You are ever so inspiring, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, you've knocked my socks off. Love this silhouette against that gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, you've knocked my socks off. Love this silhouette against that gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the inking and the white distressing on the boat is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sunset background is yummy, Donna and the boat is the perfect CAS element, especially as a silhouette! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete