Thursday, January 15, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch 106


Here's CAS(E) this Sketch 106 brought to you by Chrissy.


And here's my simplified take on it.

 
I turned the sketch 90 degrees and stamped Winnie & Walter's chevron stamp.
I used distress inks and spritzed the stamp with water before each stamping. 
The sentiment is by Paper Smooches.


since there's quite a bit of white space on my card. Sorta.
One of the requirements is "one layer", but I made a booboo and had to trim the piece
and mount it on a black card base. I might be disqualified...

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see how the rest of my teammates
interpreted the sketch and while you're there, say hello to our newest member,
Michele Ferguson, aka "One L Michele". Her work always blows me away
and I'm thrilled that she joined the design team!

You have until Thursday, January 22nd to link up  your card(s).
Thanks for stopping by today!


12 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous, Donna! I love the technique you used! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take my Friend!
    I find the sketch both great and intimidating so I'll probably HAVE to play with it ;o)
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you've turned this on its side! Great use of color and the geometric motif.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I count on you to be a rebel and turn things up side and around!!! Disqualified? They'd have to get through me first!
    Thanks for the welcome, Donna... you inspire me!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you turned the sketch and made it work with the colorful Chevrons! Love the inking! You are totally NOT disqualified (LOL)! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Clean Slate” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely inspiration! Thank you for such happiness!
    Cheers
    Suchi
    http://suchizcardstock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the watercolor look of the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your inking and designs are always 'Spot On'. Donna! I love this card! The chevrons are fabulous and I love how you flipped the sketch on its' side...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The design makes more sense to me laying on it's side. Great job, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Case! Love the bright and happy watercolors!

    ReplyDelete