Friday, June 29, 2012

Birthday boy


Hello and welcome to Day 2 of Sister Stamps' Birthday Blog Hop! If you arrived here from Nadine's blog, you're on the right track. If not, start at Sister Stamps so you won't miss seeing all of the inspiring cards and projects.

Today I'm featuring Takeo, a cute little guy with a bunch of balloons.


I colored the image with Copics and cut it out with Reverse Wonky Rectangles--one of my favorite die shapes. The background piece was die cut with the next larger size and stamped with Penny Black's Allover Pattern. I adhered the two pieces together and added some ribbon loops as an accent.

Since there was not enough room for a sentiment, one can be added on the inside of the card.

Now hop on over to Kris' fabulous blog to see what she has in store for us and please come back tomorrow for Day 3. Happy hopping!

SUPPLIES:

20 comments:

  1. Love how you color your brown hair and also how you shaded his clothes. Nice offsetting of the inner Wonky and balancing it with the ribbon tags. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout and your colouring is 'wow'! Adorable card Donna, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute wonky shaped cards, Donna! That adorable image doesn't hurt either!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is WONDERFUL! Perfect design and coloring! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! Awesome Donna! Your coloring is amazing and this layout is fun. You know you are the reason I use that reverse wonky rectangle die. Thanks for enabling!
    Happy Aloha Friday!! Have a great day!
    *;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so gotta try that brown hair! I only seem to color them up with black hair, but I really should try to make them "hapa" looking too. I love how you let the image really be the star of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Donna! Funny how so many of us used Takeo today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Linda . . . Takeo is the star today! :) Your card is gorgeous and your color tones so go together! Have a great weekend and see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a super cute card. Love this little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you've done with the Sister Stamps, especially the candy box. I'm still trying to get my hands on the birthday stamps. Thank you for whetting my appetite for more rubber stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute Donna! Love those wonky rectangles!! Gorgeous coloring! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how your takeo looks so rascal and the wonky card shape.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love his kimono! That red really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this shape card, so clever! I also love the shadowing under Takeo, really makes him look as if he could run right off the paper! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this makes me smile! darling image and the ribbon tabs are so fun! lovely card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute D...Love this Adorable card!! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this wonky shape die and of course your coloring of Takeo with his balloons is gorgeous! I need to try coloring brown hair and wish we could craft with you!

    ReplyDelete