Friday, February 5, 2010

My first CCC


I've been lurking Deborah's Card Chain Challenge for several months and finally decided to play along. After signing up, you create a card and send it to an assigned participant, and your "link" is doing the same. You have the choice of a card sketch, color palette, or a theme.


Dawn Turley of New Zealand, sent me a parcel full of goodies. Not only did she send a card, but she included a bookmark, tags, and some backgrounds made with alcohol inks. And she used some Pure Innocence images, too! Thanks so much, Dawn.... it felt like Christmas!



I decided to go with colors and sent this card off to Susan McRae in Canada. I used the Pure Innocence garden girl together with the new sentiment set from Hero Arts. Love that font! And you can't go wrong with Cosmo Cricket papers....


Check out Deborah's blog to see all of the "chains" in her January CCC. It's fun to see where a card came from and where it went. Thanks, Deborah! I'm looking forward to the next CCC!

17 comments:

  1. Love both these cards, Such sweet images. I really enjoy the Card chain challenge, such fun to send and receive a homemade card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Garden Girl is soo cute! Love your coloring and design Donna! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,

    I love what you did with those stamps AND I love you work (but you already know that ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW what to you make the background without ruining the white edge of the nestabilities labels ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to get myself some of those images....too ADORABLE! Both cards are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so CUTE Donna, i adore her brown overalls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked your goodies Donna... and your card was just perfect. I struggle with the colour parts and tend to stick to the theme or sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lucky you, Donna! to get all those goodies from Dawn!! wow! both of your cards are so adorable!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your card, you totally Rock the Pure Innocence (& everything else!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are super adorable, love them! I adore your coloring as always, Donna!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet of Dawn and so lucky of Sue to get your card!! I love how you and Alice color those Pure Innocence girls...Thanks for sharing these pretty pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an exciting moment to get beautiful cards from oversea...there are so cute!! You are lucky, Donna that you are being so adored with nice heart of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How thoughtful of Dawn, and so happy you could play in the card chain! I'm sure your card will make Sue very happy! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is adorable Donna, love her little boots!
    What a sweet surprise your 'link' sent you, wonderful goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is fun with these CCC right! I didn´t sign up this time but next tim I am in again!
    Such a cute card you made for this challenge Donna.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card! These stamps are so sweet and I always love the way that you colour them!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely! The card and bookmarks are so cute! Love your card too! Gorgeous coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete