Thursday, June 1, 2017

CAS(E) this Sketch #224


Meet this week's CAS(E) this Sketch #224, compliments of Hannelie.


And here's my take on it.


While going through my supplies, I spied Memory Box (sadly, discontinued)
 Cups of Cheer and thought they'd fit perfectly for the sketch. They were cut
from watercolor card stock and inked with Distress inks and spattered with
water. The coffee/tea portion in the cup was colored with Copics.

A grid pattern was stenciled on the card base and a strip of patterned paper
was adhered to the side. The cups were adhered to the card, together with
a white embossed sentiment. Enamel dots finished off the card.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see what the rest of the team came up with
and join us if you can. Link up your card(s) by Thursday, June 8th and
as the winner, you could be guest designing with us!




10 comments:

  1. I love your wonderful take on the sketch, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect and how sad that they've discontinued those set dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I just love this card! So much so, that I immediately went online, found a set and bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, Donna. You bring CAS to an art :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring, as always, Donna! I love that you partially & lightly stenciled the card base. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like everything about this card - the background, the coloring, the sentiment. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! The cups of coffe are so colorful and they look fabulous against the subtle stenciled background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sweet little cups make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable!! Love the little cups and adore your background!!

    ReplyDelete