Saturday, July 21, 2012

oh! happy day

Did you ever have a song stuck in your head and you keep humming or singing it over and over again? That's what happened after my family saw this card that I propped up on a table after it was done.





Yep, they started singing the gospel line over and over and over....So I figured it must have made them happy. Which is this week's cue card over at CASology. Happy.


The Noah alphabet set and distress inks were still on my craft table, and I stamped up the sentiment in one try, overlapping some letters, and not really worrying about the distressed look.

I overstamped the words with the mesh background stamp in Antique Linen and the card was done. This could be a "happy anything" card--birthday, anniversary, graduation....a happy card!

* * * * *


I'm hoping this isn't my last blog post. Tomorrow my daughter and her boyfriend are taking me hiking on the Diamond Head trail because they "think I can do it"I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time. Stay tuned....and wish me luck!

SUPPLIES:

22 comments:

  1. Love that Oh Happy Day card; now the song is in my head, too!!

    What a beautiful place to hike!! Wait for me ... I wanna go, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I'm singing too! What a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you overlapped the letters and made them large and bright. Stamping the background over the letters is a unique technique I will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now it's in my head too! Oh well, it's got a great message. I love how you put your colors together for a VERY happy card! Great idea, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Donna - totally happy! Good luck with the walk hun, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love it when a card comes together in one try! COngratulations! I love these happy colours and the big letters! I'm so happy you've played along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun card, donna! love the slight distressed look to the stamped letters! thanks for playing along with CASology! i hope your hike went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you can do it too - I did it with 18 foreign exchange students and my girlfriend. I have my T-shirt too. I had a blast!

    Hugs... and LOVE your CARD! I think it's a HAPPY card and I want to steal the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, Donna! I think you will get through your hike just fine...enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and happy card, the mesh background is such a sweet addition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this card with beautiful colors for the sentiment! It's really graphic and modern! Can't wait to hear/see about your mountain-climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun card Donna! Love the colours and that fun sentiment. Hope the hiking all went well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this colorful and happy card ~ great stamping first time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't help but sing it, can you? I love this bright, happy card. Great colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such fun colors on this "oh so happy" card! Donna, knowing you, you will climb that mountain twice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, it does stick the song in your head pretty quickly, BUT, it is an absolutely FANTASTIC card! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to you too, Donna! I love this happy sentiment and I'm amazed that you stamped it first try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Happy Day card! pretty colors used for the lettering! well have a good time hiking! should be lots of fun! take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card!! Love all your bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. awww.... i adore this delightful card, Donna! so fun and happy! lovelovelove!!!!

    ReplyDelete