Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pretty in Pink


CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #58 is Pretty in Pink. I'm not a huge fan of pink, but I wanted to play along with the challenge and pay tribute to my mom.


Pink always reminds me of the breast cancer awareness ribbon. I grabbed the Paper Smooches set and stamped both the ribbon and sentiment. The wonky stitched border is from a discontinued stamp set and the ribbon was decorated with a bit of bling.

I love that sentiment. My mom was a breast cancer survivor and she was a fighter, too. And she loved the color pink!

Thanks, always, for visiting, and have a wonderful week.

SUPPLIES:

20 comments:

  1. Our moms sound very much alike, Donna - love this card - perfect for the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Donna - lovely tribute to your Mom. Congrats on the Catered Crop win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card. love the stitches in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO perfect! You sure rock with CAS cards, Donna! Thank you so much for playing CAS-ual Fridays!Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great CAS card in tribute to your mom's battle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Donna - that sentiment is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect! What a great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So appropriate for the pink challenge, and a lovely tribute to your mom. Beautifully CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this card and the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card Donna with such a poignant reason behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect CAS card, Donna! I love all the stitching.Thanks for playing with us @ CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect CAS card, Donna! I love all the stitching.Thanks for playing with us @ CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Just perfect! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Donna! Congrats on your win! Such a wonderful tribute to your mom:).

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, I love that set and must get it. I wish I'd had it a few months ago, but will get it now. Your card says it all, so beautiful! Congrats on your Contender win at CFC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY! You are one of the contenders in CAS-ual Fridays! Congrats, Donna!! Love everything you made :) Happy Forth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a wonderful tribute to your mom. this is so sweet, Donna!

    ReplyDelete