Monday, August 29, 2011

Penny Black ATC swap


I joined Penny Black's recent ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap and my partner was Jie Ying who lives in Singapore. We decided to create three ATCs using whatever Penny Black stamps we owned.

Here's what I sent to Jie Ying.




The first uses some houses from Air Mail, a fun, whimsical set that I won on the Penny Black blog. I ink distressed the sky and ground with distress inks and colored all the images with Copics. The sentiment is by Hero Arts, and I finished it off with a bit of twine and some gemstones.



The second ATC uses an older stamp called Brush Tulips. I ink distressed the ATC with Victorian Velvet and Scattered Straw distress inks, and stamped the image with Vintage Photo.

I water splotched the surface and stamped the manuscript from Hero Arts. I inked the word "Dream" from a Hero Arts stamp, and added a few pearls to complete the ATC.



The last ATC is my fave. I used the dog from Mimi in Paris, colored him with Copics and drew in some grass to ground him. I stamped the sentiment and added some punched butterflies for dimension. See the one on his nose?


I love creating ATCs and the challenge to fit a design on a small space. I'll be sharing Jie Ying's ATCs later this week, along with a Penny Black card.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're off to a great week!

19 comments:

  1. These are just ADORABLE Donna, love what you created. Just back after 3 weeks of vacation and trying to catch up!!!

    Thanks for leaving sweet comments on my posts in my absence, I really appreciate them.

    Hugs to you, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happy fun cards Donna! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable - love them all, of course, but the puppy with the butterflies made me smile BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ATC's, Donna! Lucky Jie Ying! Each one is so special! Love the little butterfly on the puppy's nose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet ATCs Donna, and thanks again for your email tips, I really appreciate them.
    Sallyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute...it has been so long since I made an ATC....LOVE them!! Now I need the Mimi Paris set cuz I have to have that dog....so cute D!!! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable Donna! Each one is super sweet and love all those cute images! TFS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Donna~ They are all adorable, my fav is the third card mimi, such a cutie image with the butterfly on the tip of his nose...
    I'm sure Jie Ying is going to be so happy to receive them...
    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love these ATC's! I hope I have that set with the doggie- if not, gotta add that to my list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love how you colored the little houses such fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna you have such a diverse range of artist talent! A trio of creative cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I especially LOVE the last one. The butterfly you added to the pup's nose is too cute!! It makes me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all fantastic, Donna but that sweet little puppy has to be my favorite one too! Love how you have the butterfly on his nose, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OKAY!! These are just too cute, Donna! Love that puppy at the bottom, love them all, but you know that little puppy just melts my heart! Sweet set of ATC's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such delightful ATC's Donna.. I bet Jie Ying loved them

    ReplyDelete
  16. OHHHH! These are just too cute! I LOOOOOOOVE that little pup with the butterfly on his nose! LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. absolutely adore that little butterfly on his face! so cute! lucky Jie Ying to receive your master pieces! i just love your work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you pack a lot on little ATCs! i especially love the little butterfly on the pup's nose!

    ReplyDelete